Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Until We Meet Again

We just barely received reliable internet so I can be more reliable about blogging. I should be blogging our most recent adventures but I feel like I need to first pay tribute to a man. This past year we have been living with Bradley's Maternal Grandfather. Known to Tylita as Papa Humphreys. I spent the whole year feeling bad for treading on his toes and staying for so long, but now I see the hand of God. We moved out of his house on Friday - August 6. They say he passed away on Sunday. He was found laying peacefully in bed on Tuesday. I felt so bad because I was ready and willing to be of service at any moment the whole time we lived there. I can see now that he lived a happy full life, and now it is better he is with his sweetheart Adele.

We made a quick job of moving to Wyoming and then went right back to Kimberly to be together with his huge posterity and his awesome ward. Moving and mourning is a very difficult thing to do and I don't recommend it but I know I am stronger for the experience.

If you will look back at last spring's blogs I would like to point out I blogged about him up in a tree pruning it. That is how active he was when I saw him last, 2 days before he died. He had such a quick smile and squeeze for anyone. I have no regrets and I am very glad I told him how easy he is to live with. I will always cherish the sweet interactions he had with Tylita. She still recognizes his picture and knows who he is and I hope I effectively teach her the Plan of Salvation so she will see him again someday. They had a special Bond!

The testimony he left with his posterity of whom I feel included is: I would have my posterity know that I know that God is real and that he lives; that Jesus is the Christ, the Redeemer of the world. He has prepared the way whereby we can live together as families with Him throughout the eternities. ~~Allan S. Humpherys

So here it is Grandpa I am making it public how much we miss you, but we are grateful for all we learned at your side. God Be with You Till We Meet Again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post. I'm grateful he had you guys there this past year. We all felt better about our Dad knowing you were there. Thanks again. Love ya!